Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can your prices beat everyone else? Even Lowe's and Home Depot?
That's a great question! Due to the sheer amount of orders we fulfill and our close knit relationship with our manufacturers, we can afford to pass on our savings directly to you the customer!
2. Do you really not have custom sizes?
- No we don't! We even have half panels! Every size we carry is considered "standard" with no custom upcharges. Try to find that with ANY of our competitors!
- 3. What is the difference between the aluminum panels and the galvanized panels?
- Both products offer the same protection, however, aluminum panels are much lighter than galvanized panels. Additionally, our aluminum panels will not rust. Our .050 aluminum panels weigh approximately 1-1.50 pounds per foot as compared to 2.50 to 3.0 pounds per foot for the galvanized panels. The galvanized panels have very sharp edges and are harder to handle.
- 4. Do I have to use a headers and/or studded angle with the shutters?
- No. Hurricane panels can be installed in a "direct mount" fashion with machine screw anchors and a stainless steel combo/truss head screw. Some customers do not like the look of the headers/tracks on their house so they directly mount the shutters. Putting up shutters that are mounted directly to the house, however, takes more time to put up than shutters installed with tracks.
- 5. Where are you located? Can I come to your warehouse to pick up my shutters?
- We are located near West Palm Beach, Florida. Our warehouse address is:
- 4170 Westroads Drive #2W, Riviera Beach, FL 33407
- Yes, you can definitely meet us to pick up your shutters and save the delivery fee! Please keep in mind we are on the road a lot with deliveries so an appointment is needed.
- 6. Do you have everything in stock sitting in your warehouse?
- No, there is no way we could keep everything we sell sitting in our warehouse. Our warehouse would have to be huge! Every shutter panel or header you order is made specifically for you.
- Hmm .... I still have a question that's not being answered. What can I do?
No sweat – contact us here.